Morning and/or afternoon
Ottoson Middle School & Online
Important Registration Update!
- This year, in-person classes are open to Arlington residents only.
- Due to the uncertainty of Covid, for in-person classes, register with a $25 deposit. This deposit will be put toward your tuition and the balance will automatically be charged to your credit card on February 1 (see below for cancellation policy).
- In the case that we are forced to cancel in-person VacationFun, you will be eligible for a full refund, including $25 deposit. You will also have the option of transferring to online classes.
- All virtual classes must be paid in full at time of registration.
- Virtual classes are open to residents from any town or state.
Please see below for all registration information including cancellation and refund policy.
Arlington Community Education offers enrichment programs during school vacations, designed to appeal to kids of many interests with courses taught by experienced classroom teachers. February 2021 classes will be a combination of in-person and online classes.
- Mix-and-match morning and afternoon sessions
- Small class sizes
- Open to students in grades K-8 from Arlington (and surrounding communities for virtual classes)
- For in-person, a supervised lunch period is automatically included for students taking both a morning and an afternoon class. Staff will escort students to and from classes and lunch.
- In-person program strictly follows all current APS Covid protocols.
- All program logistics will be communicated with families the week before the program begins.
Who Can Enroll?
In-person classes are for Arlington residents only. Anyone may register for virtual classes. Registration opens as soon as the classes are posted online and continues until the first meeting of any class, as space permits. Under-enrolled classes are cancelled, so register early.
Ottoson Middle School
February & April school vacations, Tuesday-Friday
9:00 am Morning classes begin (no early drop-off)
12:00 pm Morning classes end
12:00 pm – 12:30 pm Supervised lunch included for full-day students
12:30 pm Afternoon classes begin
3:30 pm Classes end, student pick-up (no aftercare)
Due to the uncertainty of Covid, for in-person classes, register with a $25 deposit. This deposit will be put toward your tuition and the balance will automatically be charged to your credit card on February 1 (see below for cancellation policy).
All virtual classes must be paid in full at point of registration.
Withdrawals for in-person classes must be made before February 1. You will receive a refund less the $25 non-refundable deposit per student per class. Starting February 1, no refunds will be granted.
In the case that we are forced to cancel in-person VacationFun, you may receive a full refund to your original form of payment, or transfer to online classes.
Withdrawals for virtual classes must be made by February 8. You will receive a refund less 10%.
Email withdrawal requests to CommunityEd@arlington.k12.ma.us during our business hours (Monday-Friday, 9am-4pm); requests that come outside of those hours will be considered on the following day.
ACE reserves the right to cancel classes due to low enrollment or other considerations. If we cancel your class, we will make every effort to transfer your child into another class, or you will be eligible for a full refund to your original form of payment.
There are absolutely no credits or refunds once a class has started or for student absences or late arrivals.
VacationFun! is an equal access programs. We do not discriminate against children with disabilities. We encourage parents to disclose any medical or disability-related needs on your child’s registration form. If you believe your child requires a specific reasonable accommodation for medical or disability-related needs, please contact our office to discuss your child’s needs. Please note that VacationFun! is not a school-sponsored special education programs so children are not entitled to the same IEP services and accommodations during programming.
Children who attend VacationFun! should be able to participate in group activities with teacher supervision and treat fellow students and staff with respect. If a child is unable to do so, the teacher or director will contact parents to discuss appropriate next steps.
ACE occasionally takes photos of classes for use in catalogs, advertising and other promotional materials. If you do not wish to have your child photographed by ACE, please notify the office before your child’s program begins.
Snow & Weather
If we are forced to cancel or delay February classes, we will notify you via email and post details on our website. We are unable to phone families individually so please make note of our web address: ArlingtonCommunityEd.org. You will be given a class credit for future use for the time missed. No makeup classes will be scheduled; no refunds will be granted.
Partial tuition assistance is available for APS students who receive free and reduced lunch. Please contact Food Services to obtain your official letter before contacting us. Registration must be done over the phone or email. Please call 781-316-3568 or email CommunityEd@Arlington.k12.ma.us for more information.
VacationFun! is a program of the Arlington Public Schools and Arlington Community Education.