SummerFun serves students entering grades 1-9.
Classes are held primarily at Ottoson Middle School, 63 Acton St., Arlington.
Week 1: July 6-9 (Tu-Fr)
Week 2: July 12-16
Week 3: July 19-23
Week 4: July 26-30
Week 5: August 2-6
Week 6: August 9-13
AM classes run from 9:00 am -12:00 pm
PM classes run from 1:00-4:00 pm
Full-day classes run from 9:00 am-4:00 pm
Supervised lunch/recess hour is included for students who do AM and PM programs. Staff will escort students to their afternoon classes.
Extended Day offers supervised activities and free-play from 8:00-9:00 AM and 4:00-5:30 pm (no PM program Fridays). Extended day is offered at Ottoson only.
Changes & Withdrawals
All withdrawals and transfer requests must be made via email to CommunityEd@arlington.k12.ma.us.
- Refunds will be issued minus a $25 fee per student, per class for withdrawals made by April 15. The fee is $50 per student, per class April 16-May 31. No refunds will be issued starting June 1.
- A $15 switch fee is assessed for each requested change in a child’s registration.
- No refunds will be made for classes missed or dropped once a class begins.
- All tuition is refunded in the unlikely event that ACE cancels a class. If we cancel a class we will notify parents and every effort will be made to place the child in another class.
- ACE reserves the right to change instructors if necessary.
Classes are in development. We will post descriptions and open registration on a rolling basis starting in late March.
Tuition assistance is available for some classes for APS students who receive free and reduced lunch. Please contact us before registering and have your letter from Food Services handy.
Teen Counselor Program
Now accepting applications for rising 9th graders through graduating seniors. Deadline is Monday, April 19. Please note that we will be hiring fewer teens this year to minimize classroom numbers. All Inquiries should come directly from teens.
SummerFun! is a program of the Arlington Public Schools and Arlington Community Education.