How to Register ( S I X E A S Y W A Y S ) :
1. ONLINE registration is available
2. CALL 781-316-3568 to register by phone. (Not available for youth classes.)
3. MAIL the
registration form on the inside back cover of the catalog to Arlington Community Education, 869 Massachusetts Ave., Arlington, MA 02476. Include a personal check or money order (payable to Arlington Community Education), or provide your MasterCard or VISA information.
4. FAX your registration to us at 781-316-3381. Be sure to include your MasterCard or VISA info.
5. VISIT us at Arlington High School, 869 Massachusetts Ave., Arlington. Call 781-316-3568 for current office hours.
6. EMAIL us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Who Can Enroll?
Both residents of Arlington and non-residents are welcome to enroll in our classes at the same low tuition. Registration opens as soon as the catalog of classes is posted online and continues until the first meeting of any class, as space permits. Under-enrolled classes are cancelled, so register early.
A $5 registration fee is charged once per person per term to help fund scholarships so that all can participate.
Our Location and Hours
ACE is at Arlington High School, 869 Massachusetts Ave., Arlington. Call 781-316-3568 for our current office hours. Directions and information on other locations are available here.
There is limited parking in the lighted parking area in front of the high school;
all spaces are available to students during evening hours. Parking is also
available on Massachusetts Ave, directly in front of the school.
Assignments are posted in the high school's main lobby each class night.
Holidays & Closings
If the Arlington Public Schools are closed during the day due to holiday,
school vacation or inclement weather, there will be no classes. If school is held and weather becomes inclement during the day, cancellations will be announced on major TV and radio stations.
Refunds, Cancellations, Changes & Withdrawals
1. Full refunds are given when a class is cancelled due to low enrollment OR the course requested is full.
2. No refunds will be made for classes missed or dropped.
3.. Students withdrawing from a class at least five full business days before the start date will receive a voucher minus a $5 processing fee.
4. A $15 switch fee is assessed for each requested change in a youth registration.
5. For SummerFun courses, only: withdrawals minus a $35 processing fee must be made in writing and received by ACE no later than June 1.
6. No other refunds will be granted.
How Credit Card Charges Work
Credit card charges appear on statements as charges from Town of Arlington.
1. Partial tuition scholarships are available for those in need of financial assistance.Disabled veterans, person on Social Security Disability (SSDI) or receiving AFDC receive a 30% discount on tuition upon presenting a letter of verification or veterans’ identification.
2. For ESL students only, those with children receiving free lunch receive a 75% discount and those with children receiving reduced lunch receive a 50% discount on tuition upon presenting a letter of verification from the school department.
AHS Student Discounts
Current AHS students receive a 20% discount on many Community Education programs; call 781-316-3568 to register with the discount. Discounts do not apply to all programs, including Driver Education and SAT Prep. .
If you need assistance with access to Arlington High School during Community Education classes, please call our office at 781-316-3568 at least 24 hours before your class to make arrangements.